Flaky, parched skin is a constant battle for those with a dry skin type. While almost everyone assumes that moisturizing the skin does the trick, there is more to making the skin soft and supple, than just slathering expensive creams and lotions. Exfoliating the skin is a must for everyone who desire for an enriched skin. Exfoliators slough away dead skin cells, promote growth of new skin cells and boost blood circulation, thereby revealing a new, soft, beautiful and glowing skin. They also protect your skin from acne breakouts, lines, wrinkles, infected ingrown hair and other skin disorders. Homemade exfoliators are a great alternative to those products available in the market that contain harmful chemicals and do not do any better. Read on further to find some homemade natural exfoliating scrubs for dry skin. Make sure to use these exfoliators 2 to 3 times a week for best results
- Combine 2 tbsp of Bengal gram flour and 1 tsp of honey with enough full cream milk to form a thick, smooth paste. Apply the paste generously onto your face and leave it on for 5 minutes. Thereafter, rub off the scrub in circular motions and rinse your face with cold water.
- Mix a good amount of honey to sugar so that it moistens it. Apply the scrub to your skin and scrub it. Henceforth, wash it off. You can add a few drops of olive oil to the exfoliator, if your desire.
- Another wonderful homemade exfoliator is combining sugar with baby oil. Apply this mixture to the skin and gently scrub. Rinse thereafter to get a smooth and radiant skin.
- Mash half an avocado using the bottom of the spoon, removing the seeds and skin. Cut 2 inches of cucumber and dice it into very small pieces. Mash it along with the avocado. Add 1 tbsp each of white sugar and honey. Add a few drops of olive oil and mix to form a paste-like consistency. Apply the exfoliator to the skin and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and pat dry.
- Mix sugar and olive oil. Apply the exfoliator to dry or moist skin. Scrub and leave it on for sometime, before you wash it off. Avoid applying this scrub to wet skin.
- Combine two parts of oatmeal with one part of honey. Add a few drops of essential oil, if you wish. Use the exfoliator to scrub your skin and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Mix oatmeal with water and work on to form a paste. Apply the paste onto your skin and rub gently. Leave it on for a couple of minutes and rub the skin again. Wash off with lukewarm or cold water.
- Mix baking soda and water to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on the skin and scrub. Wash it off with tepid water. You can also leave the paste on the skin for a while, if you have time.
- Mix ¼ cup fuller’s earth, ¼ cup dried orange peel and 2 tbsp of oatmeal. Add enough water to form a smooth consistency. Apply the exfoliator onto your face and scrub, taking care of the areas around nose and chin. Rinse thereafter.