Selena Gomez might seem to keep it routine when it comes to the people she trusts for her Met Gala style. But her gilded gold eye look was anything but ordinary.
Stepping onto this year’s carpet in a sheer Coach dress by creative director Stuart Vevers and decked out in Marc Jacobs Beauty for the second year in a row, Gomez managed to own the night by switching up her beauty color palette. Makeup artist Hung Vanngo used standout products from upcoming Marc Jacobs collections. However, there’s no need to wait to re-create Gomez’s glow on the red carpet.
Check out the video above to see how Yahoo Lifestyle‘s news and features writer Kerry Justich went into her own makeup bag to achieve the bronzed beauty’s look.
1. Warm up the eye using a bronzer like Tan-Tastic! from Marc Jacobs Beauty and a fluffy blending brush.
2. Create desired eye shape with a shimmery bronze eyeshadow crayon, and soften the edges with your fingertip. Try: NudeStix Magnetic Luminous Eye Color in Burnish
3. Layer gold glitter onto the lid, bringing it up into the crease. (Make sure the glitter is cosmetic-grade and safe to use on eyes.)
4. Darken the outer corners of the eye with a cool-toned mauve pigment. Pro tip: Be sure to blend any harsh edges with a light transitional shadow.
5. Smoke out the top lash line with MAC’s Eye Kohl in Smolder, and add some bronze shadow on the lower lash line.
6. Finish the eyes with your favorite black mascara, and frame them with a bold brow.
7. Warm up the high points of the face with an illuminating bronzer. Try: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
8. Highlight the tops of cheekbones, the bridge and tip of the nose, and the Cupid’s bow with Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Moonstone.
9. Add a pop of color to apples of the cheeks with a warm peachy-bronze blush.
10. Swipe on a light nude lipstick.