Home / News / Deadly bacteria outbreak at ‘sex on the dance floor’ nightclub

Deadly bacteria outbreak at ‘sex on the dance floor’ nightclub

A Berlin nightclub where guests frequently have sex on the dance floor faced a deadly bacteria scare on Saturday.

A male patron of the KitKatClub was rushed to the hospital after he was suspected of contracting bacterial meningitis, The Mirror reports.

Local authorities issued a city-wide alert asking guests who recently visited the venue to get medical attention.

Owners of the KitKatClub wrote a statement on Facebook saying, “while infections in the club were very unlikely according to doctors and authorities … anybody suffering from symptoms should immediately see a doctor.” They also said that because the man was in “serious condition,” he couldn’t remember what happened at the club.

Adv.

  • ColorLens4Less.com: 500+ Colored Contacts and Halloween Contacts, Starting at US$9.99 / Pair
  • TheUniTravel.com : Find the latest travel and tourism news from around the world. Stay informed with travel news and updates
  • Online-Dating-Free.com : Meet People In Your City, Free and Join Now

“For this reason, the Health Department decided to issue a press release. The idea was to inform as many people as possible who also visited the club last Saturday,” they said.

Meningitis is an infection that can be spread by saliva and body fluids. Once contracted, it can cause inflammation around the brain and spinal cord and can be fatal within hours.

German broadcaster Deutsche Welle reports that the man had been at a “CarneBall Bizarre” party where guests sport BDSM and fetish gear and have access to playrooms.

The KitKatClub was opened in 1994 by porn filmmaker Simon Thaur, and The Mirror reports that guests are encouraged to have sexual intercourse at the venue.

RELATED:  Video: Women filmed kung-fu kicking and hair-pulling in mass brawl outside celebrity nightclub

Meanwhile, city officials are not shutting the club down because it was not contaminated. According to the club, the building is symptom-free and employees have been offered antibiotic therapy as a preventive measure.