Home / News / Dad admits killing 3-year-old daughter after she suffered sickening sexual abuse so violent she bled into her nappy

Dad admits killing 3-year-old daughter after she suffered sickening sexual abuse so violent she bled into her nappy

WARNING – GRAPHIC CONTENT: Matthew Lee Williamson’s first thought when he saw his little girl lying dead on the ground was to get rid of his bong, the court heard

A father has admitted manslaughter over the death of his daughter, 3, after she suffered sexual abuse so violent she bled into a nappy.

Matthew Lee Williamson also ordered his flatmate to hide a bong before he phoned emergency services after he discovered Kyhesha-Lee Joughin dead in his home four years ago, a court heard.

Williamson has pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the Supreme Court in Brisbane, Australia, on the basis he failed to provide medical treatment for the girl when he found her body in March 2013.

But he has denied physically or sexually abusing the child and blames his housemate, it was reported.

Kyhesha-Lee, 3, died in 2013 in horrific circumstances now being heard before a court in Australia (Photo: Facebook)
Matthew Lee Williamson walks from court in Brisbane (Photo: AAP)

His housemate, Christopher Kent, pleaded guilty to manslaughter last year.

Kent, who was given a two-year suspended jail term, has claimed Williamson did beat the girl.

The court has heard Kyhesha-Lee died at her home on Brisbane’s northside of a perforated bowel after physical and sexual abuse.

The allegations Williamson denied include using a large sex toy on the girl, punching her in the stomach and posing naked with her.

In another shocking claim, “a man kept a photo of himself with his penis draped over her daughter’s shoulder”, News.com.au reports.

The bedroom where the little was held (Photo: AAP/Brisbane Supreme court)
The rope used to keep the child locked up in her room for hours (Photo: AAP/Brisbane Supreme court)
The rope used to keep Kyhesha-Lee locked up in her room (Photo: AAP)
The rope used to keep Kyhesha-Lee locked up in her room (Photo: AAP)

Despite her vomiting, showing bruising on her face, and leaving blood in her nappies, Williamson told the court he he didn’t take Kyhesha-Lee to a doctor, Yahoo7 reports.

The court heard he also ignored that she was leaking blood from her genitals and had told him she “didn’t want any fingers up her bum anymore”.

RELATED:  Teacher jailed after sending thong selfies to student and performing sex acts on another boy in classroom

“I didn’t think anything of it at the time,” he told the court.

“I was afraid I’d lose her to welfare … because of the state she was in.”

He used a rope system to lock her in a room for up to 19 hours a day because she spilled milk over the floor, Seven News Queensland reported.

In her final hours, she was left unable to move, talk, eat or drink, according to paediatrician Professor Roy Kimble.

Crown prosecutor Phillip McCarthy reportedly asked in court: “Your first thought that goes through your heard, when your daughter is on the ground, dead, is that the police might get you for having a bong?”

Williamson responded: “That’s correct.”

The Brisbane home where Kyhesha-Lee died (Photo: AAP)

The girl’s mother spoke for the first time in four years outside court after hearing the evidence in court, The Courier-Mail reports.

After reportedly leaving in tears, Danielle Joughin, the ex-partner of Williamson, told the newspaper that both he and his flatmate should be jailed.

“It’s hard to comprehend ­really,” Ms Joughin said.

Mum Danielle Joughin leaves court (Photo: Seven)

“No one helped her. It’s disgusting.”

Williamson’s sentencing over the death will resume in a fortnight.

The case was adjourned until March 16 after his barrister requested a report into whether a “psychological abnormality” contributed to his behaviour.

Share Your Vote!

Do You Like This Post?
  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid