Home / News / Accountant dies after charging mobile phone ‘slips’ into bath

Accountant dies after charging mobile phone ‘slips’ into bath

An accountant has died after being electrocuted when her mobile phone slipped into her bath while it was charging.

Evgenia Shulyatyeva, 26, was found dead by her mother Vera, 53, who became concerned after her daughter didn’t respond to any of her messages.

Investigators say she was ‘killed instantly’ by electrocution after the phone, which was plugged into a 220-volt plug ‘slipped’ and landed in the water with her.

It is not clear if she was using the phone while bathing.

Adv.

  • ColorLens4Less.com: 500+ Colored Contacts and Halloween Contacts, Starting at US$9.99 / Pair
  • TheUniTravel.com : Find the latest travel and tourism news from around the world. Stay informed with travel news and updates
  • Online-Dating-Free.com : Meet People In Your City, Free and Join Now

Devastated friends and family members paid tribute to the young Russian on her Instagram account, which is filled with selfies taken on her mobile phone.

“Sister, rest in peace, sleep well. It will always be in our hearts, ”Elena Shakleina, a friend of the victim, wrote on social media.

Another friend wrote; “You were brilliant, you will be forever in my heart. Call me tomorrow and tell me this was just a dream. ”

Evgenia’s death is being investigated by the Russian Investigative Committee following a string of similar deaths in the country.

Investigators are currently trying to work out whether the phone and charger had the proper safety measures, and whether the electricity cut out instantly.

Some reports from Russian news outlets suggest she was killed instantly.

The victim was expecting to celebrate her 27th birthday next month.

Miss Shulyatyeva had recently graduated from the socio-economic faculty of Vyatka State University, which is the leading university of the city of Kirov.

The make and model of the phone and charger are currently unknown.

Russian martial arts champion Irina Rybnikova, 15, died immediately as a result of the “tragic accident”.

The 15-year-old was found dead in the water at her home in Bratsk, Russia, in December.

Russian safety officials have previously warned about the acute dangers from using mobile phone chargers in bathrooms.

Share Your Vote!


Do You Like This Post?
  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid

Check Also

Avril Lavigne is ‘absolutely gorgeous’ in new pics wearing corset and skirt: ‘Angel’

Avril Lavigne is at the top of her world. The 37-year-old shared a series of photos of herself …