Glitter boobs are the new beauty trend hitting festivals this summer, but we’re afraid your parents might not approve.
Here’s why everyone’s covering up with stick-on gems and glitter, and how to recreate the look.
What are glitter boobs?
Glitter boobs are a beauty trend where women cover their breasts in sparkly paint, multi-colored gems and nipple tassels.
Also dubbed “disco t-ts”, the brave look is really taking off and was hugely popular at Glastonbury 2017 – partly thanks to the unusually nice weather.
Yves Saint Laurent even featured the look in their SS17 show and it was all the rage at California’s Coachella festival.
The look has taken social media by storm, with hundreds of women proudly baring their jewel-encrusted breasts.
Glitter gurus The Gypsy Shrine, who had a stand at Glastonbury, and other companies have also been promoting the trend.
Even Oxford University students have been getting in on the action.
It follows on from the glitter butt trend, which saw women dousing their nether regions in tons of sparkles.
How do I recreate the glitter boobs beauty trend?
It’s not for the faint-hearted but, if you want to recreate the look at home, here are some tips…
- Invest in better quality sticky gems with proper adhesive on the back
- Apply a fixing gel or hair gel before sprinkling glitter and gems on top
- Set the gems with hair spray
- Continue to decorate your face, arms and hair to complete the look
- And remember, you don’t actually need to go naked – you could always wear a crop top or bralette too