The London born British actress, Emilia Clarke realized her passion for acting at the mere age of three after watching her father work in the musical, Show Boat. A gift from Britain to the entertainment industry, Emilia is an actress of white ethnicity who initiated her acting career in 2009 but actually caught the global eye with her spectacular portraying of the character of Daenerys Targaryen in the HBO series, Game of Thrones in 2011.
She is one of the few actresses who puts fan-satisfaction above her financial gains and has no qualms in rejecting roles that she believes would disappoint her fans. It’s her patience, endurance and hard-work that has made her a noteworthy figure in the elite ‘A’ list of the entertainment industry.
Let’s us get to know this charismatic personality a little better.
Let’s start with getting our facts correct on some of her basic details:
||Emilia Isabelle Euphemia Rose Clarke alias Emily Clarkson
||October 23, 1986
||London, United Kingdom
||Anglican / Episcopalian
||Graduated from Drama Centre London in 2009
||Mr. Clarke, a theater sound engineer
||Jennifer ‘Jenny’ Clarke, an enterpreneur
||A younger brother, Jason Clarke who is currently studying politics
Emilia’s first known public affair was with Seth MacFarlane since September 2012 which gathered plenty of media attention. Seth MacFarlane is the creator of the famous and highly popular animated television series, Family Guy. However, they broke off within six months but continued to remain friends to date.
Later, at different phases of her life, her name was linked to:
- Cory Michael Smit, who was her co-star in Breakfast at Tiffany’s
However, she never publicly acknowledged them and thus they cannot be confirmed. Presently, she is believed to be single who wants to concentrate more on her career than a boyfriend.
With her trademark being her full lips, pale skin and blue eye, Emilia Clarke is the fantasy of many, enticing them with her petite and amazingly curvaceous frame. Her striking heavy eyebrows add to her sensual aura. Let’s check out some of her fact figures.
||Petite and curvaceous
||5 feet 2 inches or 157cm
||52 kg or 115 lbs
||6 U.S size
||6 U.S size or 36 EU size
Favorite Things & Hobbies
Let’s peak into the personal tastes of this mesmerizing actress:
||“Pick’n’Mix” Candy and tea
||Horse riding, Tennis, skiing, sailing, rowing, ice skating and swimming
||Simone Rocha and Chanel; Tom Ford’s lipstick, Dolce & Gabbana Secret Eyes makeup; Bottega Veneta bag, Le Labo Santal 33 perfume, Levo’s jeans, Armani and D&G.
||TV Series ‘Girls’ and ‘Friends’; Triassic Attack as Savannah and the comedy movie Clueless(1995), Voice from the Stone
Even though Emilia discovered her passion for acting when she was only three, she just did two plays in school and later, ten plays in her drama school. She started her career after completing her graduation. She is among those few celebrities who believe in working and moving her steps one by one in the industry with patience and endurance. This is what makes her success rock solid today. Let’s sneak-peak through her illustrious career so far!
Emilia forayed into the acting scene via the stage to hone her acting skills. Once she completed her graduation in 2009 in drama and acting, she joined Company of Angels to work in its production of Sense. Her first film role was for the University of London purposes while her first TV role was that for the British TV series, ‘Doctors’.
Later she was spotted in several TV commercials. In 2010, she also featured across “UK Starts of Tomorrow” as well as in the TV horror/ sci-fi movie Triassic Attack. However, her career changer role came in 2011 when she portrayed the character of Daenerys Targaryen in one of the most popular TV series, ‘Game of Thrones’ after Tamzin Merchant left the show for undisclosed reasons. Since then, she has been steadily climbing the ladders of success.
Following her success, Emilia endorsed reputable brands like the Versace and Louis Vuitton. In November 2015, she bagged her first luxury campaign when she became the ambassador for Dior’s new Rose De Vents fine jewelery collection. Recently, she has been selected as the new face of Dolce & Gabbana’s new Eau de Toilette, ‘The One’. The commercials would get launched in September 2017.She also became the cover girl for Vogue’s May 2015 edition. She is also known to do endorsement deals with CoverGirl Cosmetics.
- Emilia’s performance in the TV series, ‘Game of Thrones’ won her several Emmy and Screen Actors Guild Nominations. In 2011, she won the Entertainment Weekly’s Ewwy Award for it in the category of Breakout Performance-Female.
- Her GOT success helped her bag the starring role in Spike Island, the 2012 indie music drama.
- In 2013, she made her first Broadway appearance as Holly Golightly in Truman Capote’s stage production, Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Later she starred in British comedy, Dom Hemingway opposite Jude Law.
- In the 2015 installment of the Terminatorsaga, Terminator Genisys, she played the role of Sarah Conner opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- She ranked #1 in 2012 on the Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces.
- In 2012, she was also at the 88th spot in the Askmen’s Most Desirable Women List 2012.
- She was at the 49th position on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2014 list.
- In 2015, she was named the ‘Sexiest Woman Alive’ by Esquire magazine.
- She won nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama series in 2013 as well as in 2015.
- Emilia has also made it to the Victoria Secret’s What Is Hot List!
- In 2016, she was paired across Sam Claflin in the movie adaptation of the bestselling book of the same name, Me Before You.
- Her other notable film appearances include her role in Shackled in 2012 and Dom Hemingway in 2013.
- Till date she has taken part in about 15 titles.
- She has won many awards including 6 high profile awards.
Emilia has achieved a stupendous success for herself and her present remuneration is estimated to be about $2 million per episode.
Graphing a steep increase in her net worth, the latest 2017 estimates state her worth to be about $34 million.
Emilia Clarke Weight Loss
The mind boggling and captivating svelte bikini body of Emilia Clarke in the ‘Terminator Genisys’ had left many dazed and absolutely captivated! She contributes it to her intensive workouts and a very strict and restrictive diet. Let’s understand a bit of the hard work Emily put in, to become camera ready for the role.
Emilia undertook a very intensive warrior like workout plan to get herself ready to do justice to her role in the movie. Generally, such workouts are only done by the men. Her workout regime has plenty of tough workouts like kickboxing, weight training, gun shooting, stunt training and various other exercises to get that fantabulous figure. She calls it the most physical thing she has ever done. Even today, she continued to do it. Let’s glimpse through a sample workout plan chalked out for her which has 3 days of weight training and 2 days of cardio or kickboxing.
1. Day 1: Chest And Triceps
After a 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill, jogging, elliptical or bike, the workout regime started which had 4×10 bench press; 3×10 triceps pushdown; 3×20 push-ups and then 3×15 dips. After that came the mini circuit constituting of a minute of shadow boxing or heavy bag boxing, 50 air squats, 40 knee-ups, 30 lunges and 20 burpees.
2. Day 2: Activity Options
Here, she had a choice of kickboxing, cardio or making it an activity day. She could choose one or do all three. The duration of the exercise was for an hour. Yoga could also be incorporated here easily.
3. Day 3: Back And Biceps
Here 10 minutes of cardio was done as a warm-up. Then the workout session expanded to 4×10 dead-lift; 3×10 bicep curl step ups; 3×10 cable rows and 3×10 wide grip pull ups. The following mini-circuit has 3 rounds of 20 kettle-bell dead-lifts, 20 mountain climbers and 20 jump squats.
4. Day 4: Activity Options
This day was again exactly like day two.
5. Day 5: Legs & Shoulders
After 10 minutes of cardio warm-up session, the work regime had 4×10 back squats; 4×10 military presses; 3×10 leg press and 3×10 Arnold press. The mini-circuit then had 9 minutes of Tabatha followed by exercises of step ups, chin-ups and jumping lunges.
The diet plan given to Emily was very strict and restrictive in nature. As per her, she was completely denied all her favorite foods and even that food that were tasty to eat. She was just allowed a cup of tea without sugar and cream. If she wanted, she could simply smell her favorite food items. Some of the food items that were completely banned to her were sugar, wheat, caffeine, dairy products etc. Every morsel that she ate was planned out. Due to the intense restrictive nature, her diet is neither easy to follow not to remain loyal to.
Some Interesting Facts About Emilia Clarke
- Emilia’s nickname is Milly and even Em.
- Emilia states that she would have been an architect, singer or a graphic designer if she was not an actress.
- She was bullied at school for her eyebrows.
- While growing up, her mom laid three rules for her i.e. do not do drugs, do not have sex and leave her eyebrows untouched as they would be a boon in future.
- She can sing Cabaret and jazz quite well and can play instruments like piano, flute and guitar with commendable flair. She is also highly skilled at alto, ballads and blues.
- A fairly good sportsperson, she is proficient with horseback riding, running, tennis, sailing, skiing, ice-skating, rowing and swimming.
- She drinks but does not smoke.
- Emilia claims to be unrecognizable to public minus the extremely long blonde wig she sports for the Games of Thrones.
- She claims to have received just an hour to prepare for her audition for the ‘Games of Throne’. During the audition, she did the fancy, ‘chicken dance and robot dance’.
- Before rising to fame from the GOT, she used to work six different jobs like bartending, restaurant, call center etc to make ends meet. She even worked in an ice-cream shop while in Oxford.
- She also worked as licensed real estate agent then.
- She was considered for the role of Enchantress in Suicide Squad (2016) but lost it to Cara Delevingne.
- She sports a tattoo of a bumblebee on her pinky finger.
- To do justice to her role in Terminator Genisys, she took weapons training.
- She was dumbstruck after meeting Arnold Schwarzenegger at a read through. Hearing him say, “I’ll be back” in the film is a major moment for her.
- Clarke states that her brother forced her to watch The Terminator (1984) and then Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) which made her a huge fan of the series.
- Emilia feels it was naïve to accept the role of Sarah Conner so early in her life. She had received unfavorable reviews for it from the critics.
- In spring 2013, she suffered from ruptured brain aneurysm immediately after her performance in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”. Her treatment was conducted at the New York Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center.
- Clarke was offered the role of Anastasia Steel in Fifty Shades of Grey but rejected it as it required her to go nude.
- Emilia today owns a Luxury apartment in Hampstead, London worth $1.7 million since 2015 where she currently resides with her pet dog, Roxy. She owns some of the best luxury cars like BMW, Acura etc. She has 3 houses and 4 cars in total.