Your skin is very precious and delicate. If it is not treated with proper care and attention, you might end up in a situation that will make you regret not having cared for your skin. Nobody is born with skin that is or stays perfect without some care and attention. Taking care of your skin does not involve only using creams and lotions. You must also eat right and stay fit in order to reflect your health through that of your skin. Skin that has not been cared for properly will show the affects of the negligence in the form of wrinkles, blemishes and pimples. The skin may also become dry, flaky and loose its radiance. The tips that will be mentioned don’t apply only to women since they are not the only ones with skin. There is nothing to be ashamed of if you take care of your skin. After all your skin is a part of how you present yourself and you need to look your best.
- The very first rule that needs to be followed is to drink plenty of water. This is something that can be done anywhere and at any time and will help keep your skin looking fresh all the time.
- Men should make sure that they never shave without using shaving creams. The absence of shaving creams leads to the razor not being able to reach the hair properly and cause nicks and cuts. It also makes the skin itchy due to razor bruises.
- Never shave hair while working the razor against the direction of hair growth. Using electric shavers is also a bad idea as it does not allow for the use of creams and oils to prepare the skin for a shave. This applies to both men and women.
- If you have oily skin, it would be best to avoid sun block. Try using creams which protect you from UV rays.
- Try not to use too much makeup as it contains too many chemicals like fragrances and preservatives that can harm the skin.
- Wash your face thoroughly before applying makeup so that no dirt or grime gets mixed with it.
- Make sure you don’t wear makeup for too long and remove it as soon as you get home. Most importantly, never ever go to sleep with makeup on your face.
- Wash your face thoroughly after removing the makeup to make sure that none of the chemicals are still stuck to your skin.
- It may sound strange but even if it is too hot, it would be best not to bathe more than once a day because it robs the skin of oils essential to it health.
- If you are getting pimples don’t ever pop them as that will just lead to ugly marks and may cause the infection to spread.
- Don’t wash your face many times a day. This will just help dry your face out and lead to dry skin, cracks and wrinkles.
- Use moisturizers that do not have fragrances in it for your body. Make sure to apply the moisturizer on joints like elbows and knees because the skin here is the first to dry up and crack.
Good skin care does not involve taking care of the skin on your face and hands. You must take care of the skin on your entire body.