Are you tired of hiding your dark knees and elbows? While the problem exists in both men and women, dealing with the dilemma is far too pronounced for women than men. And if the female longs to sport a short dress or a short sleeves top, dark elbows and knees would be way too much to handle for her. Dark elbows and knees are mainly caused due to accumulation of dead cells on the skin. Irregular cleaning or frequent rubbing of these areas are other conditions that cause dead skin to occur, thereby causing darkness. In the following lines, we have provided tips on how to remove dark skin from knees and elbows.
- One of the most effective ways to get rid of dark skin from knees and elbows would be to mix 1 tsp each of Vitamin E, lemon juice and glycerin in 4 tbsp of milk. Massage this paste on the dark areas and leave it for about 15 minutes. Wash off the area with warm water.
- Another beneficial way would be to cut a slice of lime and apply it on the dark area. You can even apply lemon juice on the section. Leave it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Thereafter, soak a towel in hot water and scrub on the dark elbows and knees.
- A combination of coconut oil and lime juice works fine for getting rid of dark patches. For this, mix a tsp of coconut oil and ½ tsp of lemon juice on the dark areas. After about 15 minutes, soak a towel in hot water and scrub it over the elbows and knees.
- A mix of besan and lemon juice has been found to be effective in removing dark skin from elbows and knees. For this, take some besan and add lemon juice to make a paste. Apply this paste on the dark areas and leave for about 15 to 20 minutes, before washing it off.
- Massaging the areas with mustard oil can be a good way to get rid of the darkness. Right after shower, massage some oil on the affected area. Rinse it off, using warm water.
- Scrubbing the area with pumice stone can be helpful in eliminating the dark patches on elbows and knees. However, make sure you do not overdo it, as it might cause unnecessary pain and scratches.
- A pack made from chickpea flour and yoghurt can be extremely effective for treating darkened skin. For this, mix the two in such a way that they make a thick composition. Now, massage the elbows and the knees with it, in a circular motion and allow it to dry. Later, wash the area with warm water. Not only would it lighten the color, but also give a glow to the skin.
- Rubbing a leaf from a fresh aloe plant is effective in treating darkened skin. For this, open up a leaf from an aloe plant and rub its green, fleshy part over the affected areas regularly. This would remove the darkness remarkably.
- Keeping the area moisturized would be the best way to prevent dark elbows and knees in the first place. The best bet would be to apply cocoa butter, as it is the finest moisturizer for knees and elbows. Honey can also be used.
- Nothing can be better than increasing water consumption. Water not only keeps you healthy, but also eliminates all sorts of darkness.
- Using the right SPF sunscreen block can go a long way in helping prevent skin darkness that results from excessive exposure to sun.
- Do not kneel on your knees or lean on your elbows.