Looking young and maintaining youth is equally desirable for both men and women. But, the new generation of men has revolutionized the entire skin care and anti aging industry. They have become more skin care and anti aging conscious. Hence, beautification and anti aging skin care is no longer restricted to women. They are taking up beauty treatments and skin care therapies to enhance their rugged looks and help them maintain a younger looking skin. There are a number of techniques and tips for men that they can use to care for their skin. Although they have a tougher skin compared to women, it is still prone to aging just like women. Read on further to know the tips for anti aging skin care for men.
- Since men shave almost daily, their skin is rough and more prone to premature aging as compared to women’s skin. Men should change their shaving blades frequently.
- Cleanse your facial skin using warm water to make the outer layer of the skin soft before you begin shaving.
- Choose a shaving cream that is suitable for sensible skin and prevents inflammation.
- Create plenty of lather before shaving to make your skin soft and moist.
- Do not shave without applying shaving cream.
- Always shave in the direction of hair growth and rinse the area often.
- Use cool water to rinse your face after shaving. Apply a non-astringent, toning after shave lotion to soothe the skin.
- To keep your skin young and smooth, use an anti aging face cream with moisturizer. This will build collagen and elastin in your skin to keep it firm, elastic and pliant.
- Another reason that leads to early aging in men is the exposure to harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Buy an anti aging face cream containing UV ray protection.
- You can also get a sunscreen with UV blockers, containing 25% titanium dioxide and 20% zinc oxide or SPF 35 to fight the UV ray effects.
- Men perspire more and lose more amount of water in the body as compared to women. This dehydrates the body and leads to dry skin. Thus, include more fluid intake to help your body make up for the loss due to perspiration and to rejuvenate the body.
- Men do not follow a healthy diet regime and tend to neglect their eating habits. This in turn, makes their skin dull and prone to aging due to lack of proper nutrients. Include fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet to maintain the nutritional and Vitamin A and E levels in the body. They help in delaying the signs of aging.
- Remove all impurities from the skin pores and control the excessive oil production by deep cleansing your face. This will flush out the dirt, debris, dead skin cells from the skin pores and prevent acne and wrinkles.
- Another significant factor that makes your skin age before time is smoking. The nicotine present in cigarettes causes vasoconstriction of veins which in turn leads to poor blood circulation. This damages the skin by reducing the distribution of nutrients to the skin thus, leading to unhealthy wrinkled skin.
- Men who have sensitive skin should use organic anti aging creams for men. Organic anti aging wrinkle creams for men should include glycolic acid from alpha hydroxyl acid which is extracted from sugarcane, malic acid extracted from apples, etc.